You can probably tell by our name that Sandbox Solar is not just another solar panel installation company. Sure, we design, develop, and install the highest quality solar solutions for homes, businesses, and communities. But a lot of companies say that. We’re more interested in what our customers and community say about us. You can find out a lot more about that, our explosive growth, and our trajectory at sandboxsolar.com.
Our growth has kept us in the hiring mode, and we are seeking hard-working, dedicated installers with the skills and experience to hit the ground running. We’re looking for experienced solar installers who may have the capability and ambition to potentially grow into a management role within our company. But we’re also willing to train candidates who have solid construction-related experience, a great work ethic, and the motivation to learn and grow with us.
Our Solar Installers:
- Represent Sandbox Solar with the professionalism and customer service we’re known for;
- Layout and assemble mounting hardware and solar modules, racks and electrical equipment
- Install and perform routine system maintenance on photovoltaic (PV) systems in accordance with codes and standards;
- Wire solar arrays (DC);
- Document completed installations;
- Clean up job sites upon completion of installation; and will
- Drive and maintain company vehicles.
We are looking for customer-focused Installers who:
- Possess a High School diploma; some college preferred;
- Have a valid Colorado Driver’s License and a record that our Insurer will love;
- Have some solid solar installation or construction experience (framing, roofing...);
- Consistently demonstrate a strong work ethic and commitment to quality;
- Can climb ladders, work on heights (typically on pitched roofs), work on his/her feet, use a variety of hand tools, and lift, pull, and push 50 pounds repeatedly throughout the day;
- Understands common practice rooftop water sealing and leak prevention; and who
- Possess knowledge and understanding of roof types and equipment applications.
This won’t be the right opportunity for those who:
- Just want a job rather than a role in an incredible big picture;
- Don't take responsibility for tasks or accountability for mistakes;
- Are afraid of heights;
- Can’t tolerate working outdoors in all types of Colorado weather…weird as that can be;
- Can’t easily get along with a team of people working on a roof as well as the people living underneath it; or who
- Aren’t able to provide influence and leadership with or without formal chain of command.